The Manchester & Salford Branch of the RSPCA is a separate charity from the National RSPCA and has been running since 1963.
The charity is dedicated to improving the lives of animals rescued by the National RSPCA inspectorate, but being financially independent means it is entirely reliant upon local support to help fund this vital work.
We achieve our charitable aims through a comprehensive programme of rehabilitating and rehoming locally rescued animals and offering an advice and support line to the public via telephone, email and social media.
N.B We are NOT the Greater Manchester Animal Hospital in Eccles and have very limited resources.
- Manchester and Salford Branch became registered as a charity in December 1963.
- We care for around 100 cats/kittens, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents, snakes and lizards at any one time.
- The branch has expertise in small animals and reptiles and can offer comprehensive advice and support to adopters and public.
- It costs over £40,000 per month to run the branch.
- As a small charity we only have 3 part-time paid members of animal staff and a branch manager to deliver our vital animal rehabilitation work. The team are gratefully supported by an office administrator and a team of volunteers.
RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch
565 Wilbraham Road
Tel: 0161 882 0680
Registered Charity Number: 232255
Please note that animals are not kept at this address