The RSPCA Manchester & Salford Branch opened its first rehoming centre in July 2019. Located in a rented warehouse the centre is fitted out with bespoke animal accommodation for up to 18 cats, 32 rabbits and multiple rodents like mice, hamsters, rats and guinea pigs.
The branch supports the work of the National RSPCA inspectorate and provides them, for the first time ever, with access to a rehoming centre dedicated to small animals. It means they can bring any small furries they rescue directly to a place of safety 7 days a week, where they will be well looked after until they are ready to be rehomed.
We also have an extensive network of foster carers throughout the catchment area so we can best support the varying needs of the animals that are rescued.
Our branch has been working in partnership with the Salford Pets at Home store since 2018. We deliver a programme of community welfare events to support owned animals such as free claw clipping and health check clinics for small furries and free microchipping for all pets.
- Manchester and Salford Branch became registered as a charity in December 1963.
- We opened our first rehoming centre in July 2019 based in Salford.
- We care for around 100 cats/kittens, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents, snakes and lizards at any one time.
- The branch has expertise in small animals and reptiles and can offer comprehensive advice and support to adopters and public.
- It costs over £40,000 per month to run the branch.
- As a small charity we only have 3 part-time paid members of animal staff and a branch manager to deliver our vital animal rehabilitation work. The team are gratefully supported by an office administrator and a team of volunteers.
RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch
565 Wilbraham Road
Registered Charity Number: 232255
Please note that animals are not kept at this address