Many of the animals that come into our care need a little extra TLC that cannot be provided in a cattery or private boarding environment.
We need volunteers to help us care for cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, mice or rats until they are ready to be rehomed.
Animals require foster care for various reasons from recuperating from operations to needing to put on weight or just being too young to be adopted.
Fostering is very rewarding but can be emotionally draining when you have to give them up to go to their new homes!
Click on our foster care guides below for more information….
- Information on small animal fostering: Fostering small animals guide
- Information on cat and kitten fostering: Fostering: the basics guide
- Caring for your RSPCA foster cat guide
- Video all about cat foster caring
Charity Shops Volunteering
Our charity shops fund our work, without them we couldn’t help animals in our area. We have 5 shops across Manchester:
- 15 Oak Street, Northern Quarter, M4 5JD
- 565 Wilbraham Road, Chorlton, M21 0AE
- 19 Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury, M20 6TN
- 466 Wilmslow Road, WithIngton, M20 6BG
- 74 Gloucester Road, Urmston, M41 9AE
How can you help?
- Volunteer a few hours of your time to help in one of our shops
- Donate any unwanted clothes, shoes, books, bags or bric a brac. Donations can be dropped off any time (within opening hours) or we may be able to offer a collection service.
- We always need donations of cat and kitten food, toys, bowls and scratching posts. Maybe your cat is a fussy eater and you have food they won’t eat? Your donations are always appreciated.
For more information just call 0161 737 6600 or email us at email@example.com
Do you shop on Amazon?
Select us as your charity and we receive a donation every time you shop!
- Visit https://smile.amazon.co.uk (login using your regular Amazon account)
- Select ‘Royal Society for the prevention of Cruelty to Animals Manchester and Salford Branch’
- Shop as normal, simple!
Our Charity will receive 0.5% of the new purchase price on eligible purchases. Every little helps and soon adds up!
Raise money whilst you shop online!
- Visit https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rspcamanchester
- Register your details for free
- Shop via Easy Fundraising website or app (you can search for the shop you need such as M&S, Sainsburys).
Our Charity will receive a % of your shop!
There’s lots of different ways you can raise money for us; it might be a sponsored walk, silence or run! Whatever you have in mind we can offer support so get in touch!
Support we offer
Our team offer a great support package, which includes:
- Support, advice and guidance
- A fundraising pack with ideas to help you raise as much money as possible!
- RSPCA running vest to wear with pride on the big day.
Do you care about the welfare of animals? Why not consider becoming a trustee of the RSPCA Manchester & Salford Branch?
The Branch is one of around 165 RSPCA branches throughout England and Wales. Each branch is a separately registered charity run by a committee of elected volunteers. The committee members (or trustees) are responsible for the management and financial control of branch affairs and are advised and supported by the national RSPCA.
Becoming a branch trustee is a great way to meet like-minded people, gain new skills or develop existing ones, while making a real difference to the lives of animals. Ideally we are looking for trustees with skills and experience in the areas of business management, finance or fundraising but, more importantly, trustees need to be committed to the RSPCA, have common sense and be willing to get involved.
If you are over 18 and would like to find out more about becoming a trustee of the Manchester & Salford Branch, please email Susie Hughes on telephone number on 0161 737 6600.
Leaving a legacy
If you are thinking about leaving a legacy to help continue the vital work done by the RSPCA you may wish to consider leaving an amount specifically to assist in the care and protection of animals in your home area.
In the past the Manchester & Salford Branch has received both small and larger legacy donations and this generosity has made a real difference to our ability to undertake a range of activities to improve the quality of the lives of animals in the local area.
If you want to remember your local branch in your Will, please follow these steps:
- Specify the amount to be given
- Specify the name of the Branch you wish to leave money to e.g. Manchester and Salford Branch of the RSPCA
- Specify the registered charity number of the branch. For Manchester and Salford it is charity number 232255.
Enquiries about the possibility of leaving money in a Will are welcome from individuals and solicitors.
Want to find out more?
Call us on 0161 737 6600.
RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch
565 Wilbraham Road
Registered Charity Number: 232255
Please note that animals are not kept at this address